Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Great Summer Read...or Anytime for That Matter

If you read one book this month, make it Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office 101 by Lois. P. Frankel. This book includes great tips to get ahead in your career, by pointing out everything that women do in the office that stops them from getting ahead. My previous manager recommended it to me and I immediately ordered it. It’s probably one of the best books I have ever read. Here are a few of the classic mistakes women make that I found I do.

  • Working without a break
  • Failing to capitalize on relationships
  • Polling before making a decision
  • Not asking questions for fear of sounding stupid.

Coaching tips are given to help women overcome these behaviors.

I was never mentored when I entered the business world, but this book was the next best thing. It helped me understand how to improve my learning experience while gaining respect.

This book is guaranteed to be a go-to guide for the rest of your career. You can never stop improving!

Click here to read an excerpt.

This guest blog was written by PRowl Public Relations firm staff member, Kayleigh Nance.

No comments: