Monday, October 12, 2009

Airlines Online!

It is no secret that social media has revolutionized the way we live, work and communicate, and the phenomenon is ongoing.

I am always fascinated by the new uses we continue to discover for social media outlets. Last week, I caught my roommates doing an eight-minute ab workout - on YouTube! I also talked to a fellow student who admitted he used a YouTube video to guide him through tying his tie.

The uses for social media are endless, and it seems that everyday a new use makes itself apparent.

Airlines are apparently tapping into the sphere of social media, too. According to Mashable, "now planes are tweeting, too!" Lufthansa "has set up a new service called MySkyStatus that automatically posts the current position of your flight to Twitter or Facebook so your friends can follow your travels (and your friends living in those cities can look up!)."

Pretty cool, I say! Where will social media pop up next?

No comments: