Saturday, October 3, 2009

Follow These Positive Tweeps!

Twitter is one of the most-used sites for social media. As a Public Relations student who should be up to date with the different forms of social media, I’ve recently become semi-addicted to Twitter. I do not tweet very much (I still haven’t mastered how to come up with interesting 140-character phrases about my day-to-day life), but I follow a lot of interesting people.

PR professionals, my friends, Kathy Griffin—all are avid Twitter users. However, what I discovered recently is that there are people on Twitter that exist solely to make Twitter users have a better day. Needless to say, I have started following these positive people.

To name a few…

@SparkPeople aims to “SPARK” its followers to reach their goals and lead healthier lives. SparkPeople replies to its followers with encouragement and praise if they reach their goal. Their smiley face emoticons and motivational quotes help too!

@DoOneGood inspires its followers to do one good thing everyday and is complete with re-tweets on its followers’ good deeds, and positive words of encouragement.

@Livinthefitlife tweets very frequently each day, encouraging its followers to live healthier lifestyles. It offers tips for eating healthy, staying physically fit, and maintaining a great mood to enjoy each and every day!

@Motivational supplies its followers with a motivational quote at the beginning of each day. What could be better than waking up to some positive words to live by?

@PositiveClicks believes in the power of living positively, so each tweet links followers to “how to” websites about living positively, acting creatively, eating healthily, and overall having an optimistic outlook on life

Now whenever I log onto my Twitter account, I read the recent happenings in the lives of my favorite celebrities and useful tips from PR professionals all over the country, but I also get a little boost of positivity to get my day started with the right attitude!

This guest blog was written by PRowl Public Relations staff member Marissa Sudol.

No comments: