Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Banned Words for 2010

Each year Lake Superior State University puts out a list of 15 banned words for the upcoming year. The list for 2010 has some funny words like "bromance" and "sexting" but also words that many people in the PR profession use quite often like "transparency" and "friend" as a verb (ex. We need to friend people on Facebook.)

Reading this list got me thinking about words I use in my writing, specifically in projects I work on here at PRowl and in assignments I complete for PR classes at Temple. I know there are some words and phrases that I like to use when writing, and in 2010 I'm going to try to use them less.

Are there any words that you feel are used to often and should be banned for 2010? Let us know!

Find the complete list of banned words here.

No comments: