Wednesday, January 4, 2012

PR Resolutions

According to Time.com the three most common New Year’s resolutions are to lose weight or get fit, quit smoking and save money, but for a college student, my New Year’s resolutions revolve around school and my future career in PR. 

Slow down
Life in the PR world comes at you fast and often warrants a 24 hour (or less!) turnaround time. I typically rush assignments missing great details that could one day get me fired. For 2012, I am going to take my time with editing content and really digest the information.

Read more
My job with PRowl requires me to do a lot of reading, so my daily news intake has dwindled. However for 2012, I am not making my position my excuse not to read. Now more than ever, it’s inherently important to stay current with local and world affairs. Although it might not impact you, it may impact your client.  

Using my Google calendar
I recently started exploring Google calendar learning its many bells and whistles and found tools for organizing, managing appointments and tasks; I am even able to see my friends calendars. For 2012, I am going to try to be more diligent about using my calendar to its fullest capacity to keep me organized and more importantly sane.  

Take time out for me
In 2012 I am allowing myself at least one hour of me time. This includes but certainly not limited to updating my social media, working out, or even catching up on the latest GLEE. You lose yourself sometimes in the day between the hustle and bustle so take time out for you.

What are your PR resolutions? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck in reaching your goals. I just started a web internship my resolution is to be able to make the best of it. :) Happy New Year to you. I am looking forward to reading what you have in store for the year.

Samantha Wanner said...

Thank you Maggie, much appreciated and good luck with your web internship! Happy New Year to you too!