Friday, February 8, 2013

Good Grammar Gets Love

Is bad grammar one of your deal breakers on a date?

With Valentine's Day, also known as Single's Awareness Day, right around the corner I can't help but think about dating, love and relationships.

Grammar is one of my biggest pet peeves. If a date texts me and says, "Your so beautiful" I can't help but cringe a little. Apparently I am not alone.

According to a recent online survey of 1,700 adult online daters, 43 percent said they consider bad grammar a major turn off. Good grammar is "sexy" according to 35 percent and 22 percent say they couldn't care less. No surprise here, but they survey also said that women feel more strongly about grammar habits than men do.

I found an interesting infographic, compiled by Kibin, about these survey findings.

Maybe stepping up your grammar game with help you win you a date!



Is bad grammar one of your major turn offs? Let us know!



2 comments:

Emily Ascani said...

YES!

Your, You're and There, Their and They're

So surprising how many people mess those up.

Travis said...

Hey Kaitlyn,

I'm glad you enjoyed our infographic. Thanks for sharing it with your users!

Travis
co-founder & CEO | Kibin