Monday, May 13, 2013

PRowl 4 Lyfe

The time has come for me to write my last PRowl blog post. Over 100 blog posts later, I feel different than I did as a freshman PRowl staff member, nervous about writing the wrong things or looking inexperienced compared to the rest of the more experienced staff. Back in May of 2011 I became the Director of PR for PRowl, and managed this blog. I learned more in one year of editing and promoting blog posts than I had in my classes, not to mention learning from being part of the Jean Madeline Aveda Institute account. From there, I transitioned to my last position, an Assistant Firm Director in which I managed two accounts. I went from being a wide-eyed staff member, watching as older members commanded the meetings and dealt directly with clients, to later being in their shoes. I watched staff members grow into great leaders. I experienced great times, and times where I wanted to rip my hair out. I watched some great leaders and professionals graduate from PRowl and become successful in their post-graduate life. I have met some of my best friends in PRowl. In every interview I have ever had, PRowl has been my main talking point. The knowledge I have gained from PRowl and PRSSA has set me up for the rest of my life, and prepared me for my impending graduating from Temple in the fall. 

I have so much to thank PRowl and its staff for. I'm really, really sad to leave, but excited to watch the firm grow in the coming years. PRowl4lyfe!


No comments: