As I am currently running late on this Tuesday morning, I decided that I need to remind myself of all the basics of being professional. With so many tips on how to do this and how to do that, it's easy to get lost in all the advice and forget the backbone of making a good appearance in the office or any meeting. I've created a list of some of the most basic career building advice you just might need to be reminded of in order to get a gold star:
2. Look presentable. Don't get so comfortable in the corporate office that you're showing up in short shorts and your favorite band's t-shirt.
3. Aim your goals high.
4. Say hello to everyone you work with.
5. Be polite.
6. Speak up. Don't mumble or ramble on with your words. You're confident!
7. Introduce yourself to those you do not know.
8. Keep your business card on you.
9. Work efficiently.
10. Ask questions.
11. Follow up on your emails.
12. Proofread said emails before sending them out!
13. Meet all deadlines.
14. Be reliable.
15. Offer to help someone else with a project or task.
16. Listen carefully.
17. Pay attention and stay focused.
18.Be upfront about your mistakes - it happens!
19. Do not gossip (ever!)
20. Be a positive source of energy.
Keep on keeping on!