Monday, October 20, 2008

Are you Connected?

LinkedIn is another fabulous social networking site that can help you connect with other professionals, people you went to school with or were members of an organization with, and other people that you might know.

I've found that this site is great for connecting with other PR professionals. The site allows you to basically re-create your resume on your profile page. On my personal page I have profiled the different internships and opportunities that I have taken advantage of. I also have a link to this blog.

You can join a network, much like Facebook. I am in the LevLane Advertising network for my internship, as well as the Temple University network for my schooling.

A great thing about this site, which I haven't taken advantage of yet is the "Recommend this person" feature. You can write recommendations of people you have worked with, or who have worked under you, and it will be featured prominently on their page, so that potential employers will see their glowing reviews. Besides recommending others, you can request a recommendation from a past or present employer. This is an easy reference for potential employers.

Something that I have been noticing lately is that many students are not on LinkedIn. It is beneficial for people of all ages and professions. It's never too early to get your name out there!

For those of you already on LinkedIn, Connect with me! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Now, some questions for YOU to answer:

1. Why do you used LinkedIn?

2. Why should students use LinkedIn?

As always, please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

No comments: