Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More Black Friday!

After reading Jade's post about her working and shopping experiences on Black Friday, I started really thinking about my own. I too worked and shopped on November 28, and it was quite the day, as always.

After doing a little shopping, I headed to the GAP at my local mall where I work. As I approached the store, I saw something that I didn't expect to see. I was greeted by HUGE red signs advertising Buy 1 Get 1 Free Holiday Sweaters. This surprised me because GAP never has promotions like that! As I entered the store, I saw many people taking advantage of the rare opportunity.

By closing time, we were out of many colors, styles and sizes of the holiday sweaters and the store was a mess, but the promotion was worth it. The store's sales were comparable to last years sales, even with the economy in disarray. This left me to wonder how other retail stores did on Black Friday, and what promotions they used to get people to come in and spend some money!

So now I'm very curious. What did you encounter on Black Friday? Did you notice any really good deals? Do you think they had anything to do with the economy? Let us know!

No comments: