Friday, March 12, 2010

The iPad: A Preliminary Success!

Remember my post in January regarding the naming of Apple's "iPad?" If not, click here for a refresher.

Well, it seems that the laughable name has not deterred Apple fanatics from purchasing the latest gadget in mass quantities. According to an article posted today on Mashable.com by Christina Warren, approximately 51,000 iPads were sold within two hours this morning, when the product officially became available for pre-order. There are some caveats that may account for some false number reporting, though. Click here to read more about the calculations.


Are any of you surprised with the excessive demand for the iPad? I can't say I am...

1 comment:

Luigi | Postcard Printing said...

I can't say that I really like the name, but because it's an Apple product, I'm not surprised at all with how many people are purchasing this thing.