Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Adventure with the PRSA Philly Pepperpot Awards

The Pepperpots are an annual award ceremony hosted by PRSA Philly in order to recognize outstanding public relations efforts across the city.  I'm luck enough to be attending the event tonight because of my current internship at LevLane Advertising.  The award categories arrange from special events to social media to medial relations.  LevLane entered several of the categories and it was a whirlwind process.

The great news is that we won a Pepperpot in at least one category! I'm honored to have been part of the submission process.  One of my duties was coordinating the submission binders.  These binders were packed full of clips, releases, media alerts, and the works, some of which totaled over 50 pages.  

The biggest benefit that I got from working on the Pepperpot submissions was familiarity with the clients.  It's often hard to really get the 360 degree view of a client when you're only interning somewhere for one semester.  I really got my hands dirty (metaphorically, of course) with the submission binders, so I got to see a lot of the previous work that was done and I saw tons of great information.

I would highly recommend asking to get involved with these types of projects.  Even if it means you have to stand in front of a photocopier for three hours like I did, you're going to be rewarded with a wealth of information and understanding about your clients.

I'll be updating this post after the awards ceremony tonight, so make sure to check back tomorrow!

No comments: