Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Gawker vs. Phawker

Superbowl XLIII was reported to be the second most-watched Superbowl ever, with 95.4 million viewers, says Advertising Age. There were people tuned in that were bleeding black and gold, others that were cheering for those underdogs, and many people just watching for the commercials. No matter the reason for watching, Superbowl commercials are always highly anticipated, and extremely expensive. As I was reading blog articles today about which ones were crowd favorites (mine are always Budweiser, I adore those horses!), I noticed that two popular blogs ranked one commercial on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Gawker rated the CareerBuilder.com article with the screaming woman as one of the worst of the whole night, and Phawker rated it as the best of the whole night. Gawker provided a quick blurb about why it was so bad, but Phawker just posted the clip of it.

I always like reading blogs to see reactions and opinions because they are usually so different and so uncensored. I actually agreed with Gawker's rating of CareerBuilder.com's commercial I thought it was repetitive and I didn't like hearing that women scream so many times!

What Superbowl commercials did you like? Which ones did you think were not worth all that cash?

No comments: