Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Twestival

The more I learn about social media, (with Jessica's help, of course) the more I like it. I recently signed up for Twitter, and have become mildly addicted to it already. There is so much great information, and so many interesting ideas posted on Twitter all the time. After signing up, I started following a few people that Jessica had recommended in her Twitter guide. One person from the guide, ijustine, posts all the time. I paid special attention to her this weekend, because of all her tweets about Twestival.

After seeing all of her posts about Twestival, I decided to look it up. It turns out that Twestival was a worldwide event held on February 12, 2009 that's aim was to raise money and awareness for charity:water. charity:water is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing clean water to third-world nations. Separate Twestivals occurred in cities all around the world, including Philadelphia.

I wish I had researched Twestivals sooner, because I would have loved to be a part of the one in Philadelphia. Even though I didn't get to attend the event, I was so happy to see that the social media world is more than a tool used in Public Relations and other fields, or a tool used to keep friends and families connected.

Want to learn more about Twestival? Check it out here!

No comments: