Tuesday, April 20, 2010

PR Myths!

This is a list that I found on Ragan.com about five public relations myths that some business owners believe. It's funny to look at them as a PR practitioner!
  1. "PR is a waste of money"
  2. “Once I get a good spot of PR, I can go back to laughing all the way to the bank.”
  3. “Once I get a good spot of PR, I can go back to laughing all the way to the bank.”
  4. “I went to law school/I kick ass on Jeopardy!/I always win arguments; therefore, I will control/intimidate/steamroll any reporter interviewing me.”
  5. “How hard can it be to write an op-ed/letter-to-the-editor/press release?”

I especially think number five is funny. We know all too well here at PRowl Public Relations how tricky a news release can be!

Read the list with descriptions here.

Do you know any other PR myths? Share them with us!

No comments: